Here are a few ideas you can use to show your husband that you love and appreciate him. They aren’t exactly glamorous, but I think that the small things truly matter in a relationship.
- Let him do something he enjoys doing alone, even if you were hoping he would spend his time with you. A lesson I have learned over the past few weeks is it that men need “me time” too. They need to recover from long hard days just like us women do but they are not always the greatest at expressing that. If your man comes home from a long day of work and wants to read a book, play a video game, computer game, or watch his favorite YouTube videos with headphones on, it doesn’t necessarily mean he didn’t miss you or doesn’t want to spend time with you. It just means that he needs a little solitude after a long hard day of work.
- You know that special “techy” item your hubs has been wanting for a while now? He’d probably be super surprised and grateful if you got it for him. If your husband is anything like mine, he might put his own wants on the back burner in order to get you the things that you want or to just be financially responsible. Splurge on him a little and make him feel like the king he is!
- In this department, men are a lot easier to please than women. I don’t think men really dream about coming home to fancy candlelit dinners. . . I think men want to come home to their favorite meal and talk about their day or watch their favorite show/movie. Maybe throw in a back rub and their favorite dessert for bonus points! Lol. After all, the way to a mans heart is through his stomach!
- You could plan a trip somewhere that your husband has always wanted to go or do something he has always wanted to do. Maybe take him paint balling for the first time, or take him fishing on the ocean. Make it simple and go out together to watch that new Kevin Hart movie he has been mentioning, or plan to see his favorite band in concert.
- Learn more about his hobbies. My husband loves a computer game called DOTA2. He plays it himself and he watches videos of other people playing it so he can learn different tactics. I tried to learn how to play but was not very interested so I sort of just gave up. I might not have to become a DOTA pro to make him happy but I’m sure learning some of the lingo or watching some of the videos with him might bring a smile to his face.
I hope that these tips help you make your husband feel appreciated and loved. Let me know what you do to occasionally spoil your hubs in the comments below!