My name is Sarah and I am 20 years old. I am extremely lucky to be married to the funniest man on the planet- no joke. We got married when I was 18, almost 19, and Anthony had just turned 20. Finding my “forever person” young has been an adventure in itself. We are constantly learning with each other, growing, and praying that we follow God’s will for our lives.
My Forever Job
For a long time, I was not entirely sure what God’s will for me was. I have a million hobbies and every time I was sure that I wanted to pursue one as a career, one of the others pulled me away from it. I am an artist, I enjoy “flipping” furniture, I am obsessed with decorating, I am passionate about children, and I love to write. When God opened me up to the world of blogging, everything finally seemed to fall into place. I could write about all of the things I am interested in without having to choose one or the other. Most importantly, I can eventually be a stay at home mom when my husband and I have babies! To sum it up, this blog is a huge blessing.
Blessings, Beauty, and Bravery
When I first started this blog, it was a new Instagram account dedicated to makeup and beauty. At the time I had been going through some personal things and makeup was my outlet. It sounds strange, but a lot of women have used beauty blogging (just like other forms of blogging) to cope with their anxiety. After a few months went by, I realized that I didn’t love makeup enough to fully dedicate myself to blogging about it 24/7. Even if it was just on Instagram. So, I jumped on Weebly, made a free site, and started writing! I was lucky to have chosen a name that already fit my “lifestyle” niche…it was just meant to be!! It would be another month before I realized that God was putting this blog heavily on my heart and I needed to do it the right way.
What is the “Right Way”?
Well, for me it was using a host and platform that would not slow down my website. I purchased a theme, registered a domain name, and recreated Blessings, Beauty, and Bravery. However, what is right for me might not be right for you. There is no limit to what you can accomplish when you set your mind and heart on something! I want to use this blog to share more than just my hobbies; I want to share what worked for me so that other bloggers can take what they need from it and make their own dreams come true.
Facts About Me
- I got married at 18.
- My husband and I are two years apart.
- We don’t have babies, but I am definitely excited to be a mom in the future.
- I am a Christian.
- I am a natural redhead (just because I get asked this often).
- When I graduated high school I was an honors student, but also a truant. Lol.
- I LOVE Lord of The Rings, The Hobbit, and Pride and Prejudice (the one with Keira Knightley).
- My husband is a gaming nerd. He totally loves DOTA 2.
- My favorite PS4 game is Borderlands, even if I am terrible at it!
- I play the guitar and have dabbled with the piano.
- I am 5′ 11″.
- I dream of purchasing an old home on a chunk of land, renovating it, buying lots of animals, and having a bunch of children running around (my children, of course lol).
- I want to travel but I have a fear of planes…
- I struggle with anxiety.
- I have a sugar addiction. Dark chocolate and ice cream are my weaknesses.
Thank you for taking the time to get to know me better!!